About The Department
Just as Eyes occupy the supreme position amongst the sense organs of the body so also radiology & imaging occupy the same position in the field of modern medicine. Equipped with state-of-the art facilities, the department offers patients real-time imaging services at an affordable cost. Besides offering routine imaging and contrast investigations, special investigations like coronary CT, HSG, musculoskeletal ultrasonography and various imaging guided procedure are performed.
The department has been regularly active in academic programs like presenting cases at the Clinical society meetings, IRIA meetings and conducting CME programs.
The department boasts of some of the best imaging facilities including a 192 slice Siemens CT unit, latest siemens 1.5 T MRI, digital X-ray and mammography.
Our equipments include:
- Newly installed, next-generation 1.5 Tesla MRI MACHINE (SIEMENS Magnetom Sempra 1.5 tesla) with capability of performing advanced applications such as whole body, breast, cardiac MR, CSF flow analysis, and non contrast angiography.
- Newly installed, updated CT – MACHINE (SIEMENS go –All 192 SLICE).
- 4 latest Siemens Ultrasound machines
- 10 X-ray machines comprising high frequency X- ray machines including digital X-ray machine and portable machines
- Allengers mammography unit for high resolution breast imaging at low radiation dose.
Head of the Department
HOD of Anatomy is the first stepping stone in laying out a firm foundation for medical aspirants. With the sound grasp of normal body structure; medical professionals are able to reason out a just rationale towards any disease.
Academic teaching comprises of 9 Subdivisions along with Research education to stimulate and boost new ideas in Research domain. Postgraduate and other allied students also undergo training in the department.
The subject dynamism attracts General and Super Speciality surgeons to revisit cadaveric lab for advance skill sharpening and explore new surgical interventions on cadavers.
- Arunthahty T, Giri Prabhu V B; Prevalence of Horseshoe Kidneys by Multidetector Computer Tomography in a Tertiary Care Hospital in South India (JCDR/2020/43940.13905)
- Incidental findings on CT in COVID-19 patients (on-going study)