About the Department
The department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery (ENT) having largest out-patient attendance with modern and updated diagnostic facilities. The department has operation theatres 5 days a week for elective cases and 7 days a week for emergency procedures with state of the art ENT operative equipments.
The department has very well qualified and experienced faculty members who are well versed with day to day clinical practice, teaching programmes and research programmes. Faculty members too, continuously update their knowledge by participating in regional and national conferences in otorhinolaryngology.
The ENT department being a post-graduate institute affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University having a vision for teaching and research purpose.
Under-graduate students are very well trained for practicing ENT cases in their future career, with full confidence.
- E.N.T OPD Four ENT OPD outpatient rooms
- Examination under microscope
- Diagnostic rigid endoscope with camera and recording system. For the purpose of Otoendoscopy, diagnostic nasal endoscopy, video laryngoscopy and other procedures such as foreign body removal, suction cleaning of the ear and nose, post-operative follow-up
- Temporal bone dissection Laboratory
- BERA, OAE, VEMP, ECocG
- Zeiss OPMI surgical operating microscope
- Karl Storz rigid endoscopes
- Karl Storz camera with recording system
- Marathon micromotor with straight hand piece, foot switch
- Stryker microdebrider
- Flexible nasopharyngolaryngoscope
- E.N.T out-patient care
- Comprehensive treatment for Micro Otological , Micolaryngeal and Functional endoscopic surgery.
- Fully Sound proof with split air condition audiometry room and speech therapy room.
- Pure tone audiometry , special tests like SRT, SDS
- Impedence audiometry
- Free field audiometry
- Well trained full time audiologist
- Speech therapy analysis.
- OPD services
- Daily operation theatre facilities. The department has state of the art operation theatre. We are doing Micro ear surgeries, all advanced modern endoscopic aided surgery such as endoscopic stapedectomy , endoscopic septoplasty , endoscopic myringoplasty and endoscopic dacrocystorhinostomy , Functional endoscopic sinus surgery, Head and neck surgery as parotidectomy , Thyroid surgery, Micro laryngeal surgery
- Diagnostic rigid nasal endoscopic facilities
- Diagnostic Oto-endocopic facilities
- Video flexible nasopharyngolayngoscope facilities
- Audiometry and speech therapy facilities
- Screening for deafness with BERA and OAE
- Headache clinic, vertigo clinic, etc.
Head of the Department
HOD of Anatomy is the first stepping stone in laying out a firm foundation for medical aspirants. With the sound grasp of normal body structure; medical professionals are able to reason out a just rationale towards any disease.
Academic teaching comprises of 9 Subdivisions along with Research education to stimulate and boost new ideas in Research domain. Postgraduate and other allied students also undergo training in the department.
The subject dynamism attracts General and Super Speciality surgeons to revisit cadaveric lab for advance skill sharpening and explore new surgical interventions on cadavers.
- Abinayaah Suresh.,Gitanjali Narendran.,Sambandhan Alandur Paramasivan., Haribalan Lakshmanasamy. Cluster headache – incidence and its association with age, gender and triggers. J Evolution Med Dent Sci 2021;10(09):604- 607
- Abinayaah SU, Balamurugan S, Raj MP. Spirometric Abnormalities in Patients with Allergic Rhinitis at Risk of Developing Asthma. Ann. Int. Med. Den. Res. 2020; 6(5):EN01-EN05.
- Abinayaah Suresh.,Gitanjali Narendran.,Electronystagmographic Analysis Of Peripheral Vertigo. Int J Otorhinolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2020 Nov;6(11):2100-2105
- Sunitha M, L Asokan, A P Sambandan. Assessment of Eustachian tube function in chronic suppurative otitis media, tubotympanic type. J. Evolution Med. Dent. Sci. 2018;7(24):2901-2903, DOI: 10.14260/jemds/2018/653
- Sunitha M, L Asokan, A P Sambandan. A comparative study of plain x-ray mastoids with HRCT temporal bone in patients with chronic suppurative otitis media: Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences 2015; Vol 4, Issue 30, April 13; Page:5190-5197
- Sunitha M, A P Sambandan. Importance of Pre-operative HRCT temporal bone in chronic suppurative otitis media: Odisha Journal of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Vol-IX, Issue-1, 2015
- M Sunitha, L Asokan, A P Sambandan. Vertigo: Incidences, Diagnosis and Its Relations with Hearing Loss” in Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery. DOI 10.1007/s12070-018-1315-6