About the Department
The Department of Orthopedics in Sri Muthkumaran Medical College Hospital and Research Institute, Chikkarayapuram, near Mangadu, Chennai -69 is one of the best of its kind in this part of Chennai. It has eminent professors to lead the department, that as 3 units with regular OP on all days and sub-speciality OPs like Arthroplasty, Arthroscopy, Spine OP on specific days of the week to function with. We have a well coordinated emergency team to deal with all 24 x 7 trauma cases. Our institution has the one of the premier modular Operation theatres(two in number), state of art of its kind, where we perform arthroplasty surgeries, arthroscopy surgeries, spine surgeries and all kinds of trauma surgeries with high level of sterility and precision. All the surgeries are done at very much affordable rate without much waiting period. A regular follow up of post operative patients is being done with care and with empathy. A dedicated, full-fledged physiotherapy and Rehabilitation centre (including prosthetics & orthotics) is available for making the patient ambulant at the earliest. We have patients from nearly 5 districts of Tamil Nadu, coming to our OP for availing our service, to their satisfaction.
Head of the Department
HOD of Anatomy is the first stepping stone in laying out a firm foundation for medical aspirants. With the sound grasp of normal body structure; medical professionals are able to reason out a just rationale towards any disease.
Academic teaching comprises of 9 Subdivisions along with Research education to stimulate and boost new ideas in Research domain. Postgraduate and other allied students also undergo training in the department.
The subject dynamism attracts General and Super Speciality surgeons to revisit cadaveric lab for advance skill sharpening and explore new surgical interventions on cadavers.
- Mani Ramesh et al. Profile of suction tip and drain fluid culture and wound infections in Orthopedic surgeries. International Journal of Orthopaedics Sciences 2020;6(3):283-286
- Mani Ramesh et al. Endoscopic versus conventional discectomy in lumbar disc prolapse. International Journal of Orthopaedics Sciences 2020;6(3):287-290
- Mani Ramesh et al. Safety, efficacy and functional outcome of flexible nailing (ESIN) in unstable fracture of both bones of forearm in children . International Journal of Orthopaedics Sciences 2020;6(3):509-511
- Mani Ramesh et al.Tibial shaft fractures treated by minimally invasive percutaneous plate osteosynthesis. International Journal of Orthopaedics Sciences 2020;6(3):505-508
- Uganath SB et al. Effects of Tranexamic acid in major orthopaedic surgical procedure: a randomized comparative study. Int J Res Orthop. 2019 Jul :5(4): 551-554.
- Uganath SB et al. Effects of intra atricular steroids, hyaluronic acid and combination of both among patients with knee osteoarthritis. Int J Res Orthop. 2019 Jul :5(4): 629-634
- Murali SM. Outcome Following Fenestration Discectomy Among Cases withLumbar Disc Disease–Int J of Orthopaedic Sciences,2019;5(3):318-321