About The Department
Department of Dermatology provides complete outright dermatological care for needy patients. We have achieved many milestones in Dermatology services and have attained our present position.
We have been providing inpatient care and outpatient care throughout the year. We are providing excellent services in clinical Dermatology, Peadiatric Dermatology, Cosmetic Dermatology and Dermatosurgeries.
People from far away places seek our department for the better care, diagnostic and treatment skills of our doctors.
- Diagnosis and management of all type of skin problems.
- STD- Sexually transmitted diseases management
- Leprosy – management
- Treatment of Nail Disorders
- Treatment of Hair Disorders
- Provide cosmetic and aesthetic services
- Immunotherapy for viral warts
In order to provide special attention and comprehensive care, we are running special clinics
- Monday – Psoriasis clinic
- Tuesday – Vitiligo and Pigmentaroy disorders clinic
- Wednesday – Bulla Clinic
- Thursday – Wart Clinic
- Friday – Autoimmune disease
We have spacious well lighted and ventilated Out Patient cabins and departmental side lab
We maintain a separate well-equipped sterile Operation Theatre for Dermatosurgery procedures
Head of the Department
HOD of Anatomy is the first stepping stone in laying out a firm foundation for medical aspirants. With the sound grasp of normal body structure; medical professionals are able to reason out a just rationale towards any disease.
Academic teaching comprises of 9 Subdivisions along with Research education to stimulate and boost new ideas in Research domain. Postgraduate and other allied students also undergo training in the department.
The subject dynamism attracts General and Super Speciality surgeons to revisit cadaveric lab for advance skill sharpening and explore new surgical interventions on cadavers.
- Karthik RS. Hameed SG, Serum vitamin D3 deficiency among cases with extensive Tinea corporis infection. Int J Res Dermatol. 2020 Nov;6(6)
- Hameed SG, Karthik RS. Pattern of skin disorders among pediatric age group cases attending a tertiary health care center. Hameed SG et al. Int J Res Dermatol. 2020 Jul;6(4)
- Babu VA, Hameed Dermatological manifestations in people with obesity. J. Evolution Med. Dent. Sci. 2019;8(47)
- Prabha KKR, Selva Kumar AS. A Clincoepidemiological study of HIV Seroconcordant and Serodiscordant couples. Int J Res Dermatol 2019;5:72-7
- Prabha KRR, Lakshmi PM, Chittambalam PC, comparison of vitamin- D between psoriasis and control subjects at a tertiary care center. Indian J clin Exp Dermatol 2019; 5(1): 1-5
- Shahul Hameed G, Malaiyan J, Chittambalam Pc, Selvam Md, Raj P, A rare case of systemic sarcoidosis with cutaneous and sublingual salivary gland involvement. IP Indian J Clin Exp Dermatol 2016;2(3):119-121