Great care has been taken to ensure that the students find safe and secure as well as a pleasing environment to pursue their career. The infrastructure at the College has been made to provide its students the best educational environment in the country. The Medical College has advanced, fully air-conditioned state of the art Lecture halls, Modern laboratories and Library. The campus offers a Home away from Home feeling to all our students.
I. Lecture Theatres
Medical college – No of Lecture theatres available – 5 (Gallery Type) with 180 seating capacity each with A.V. Aids & Facility for E-class and 1 Lecture theatre (Gallery type) with 350 seating capacity each with A.V.Aids & Facility for E-class.
Hospital – No of Lecture theatre available – 1 (Gallery Type) with 200 seating capacity each with A.V.Aids & facility for E-class.
II. Central library
The Prime mission of the Library is to support educational and research programmes of the Institute by providing physical and intellectual access to information, consistent with the present and the anticipated educational and research functions of the Institute.
- The Central Library is fully centralized which is situated in ground floor with the area of about 26000 sq.ft of separate building. Seating arrangement is designed to accommodate 150 readers at a time in the Own Book Reading area and 150 readers in the outside reading area.
The Library is divided into various sections.
- Inside Reading & Outside Reading
- Books Stacking Area
- Acquisition and Technical Section
- Reference Section
- Circulation Section
- Internet / Digital Library Sections
- Audio and Video Section
- Faculty Reading Area
- Interns / Residents Reading Area
- Online Public Access Catalogue Search (OPAC)
- Reprography Services (Photocopying, Printing & Scanning)
Books & Journals
- The Books are classified in according to Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) Scheme.
- At present the Library has totally 11828 Text & Reference Books.
- The library subscribes 96 National Print Journals and 51 International Print Journals.
- Users can access the e-resources through the web-portal of the TNMGRMU e-Consortium to keep their abreast of the latest developments in this field.
- Besides the above latest Technologies, the Library accommodates other currently advanced facilities such as the Air conditioned Internet Section, Audio Visual Section inside the Library.
- The Internet browsing section has 41 systems for net surfing with the support of 100 Mbps lease line connectivity and uninterrupted power supply.
- Audio Visual Section is supported with LCD TV, DVD Player. The hall is structured to accommodate 50 users at a time for a video presentation and for teaching with visual aids.
- The Library is fully Computerized and all the systems are connected with LAN, where the Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) helps the readers to search the library materials easily and accessing databases like PUBMED, MEDLINE etc.,
- The Library is providing Reprography Services (Photocopying, Printing & Scanning) for the users at nominal cost.
- Membership is open to all the staff and the students of this college.
Library Working Hours
- Monday – Saturday – 8 am to 8pm
- Sunday & Other holidays – 9 am to 1 pm
Library is open on all 365 days
III. Common Room for Boys & girls:
Common Room Available for Boys and Girls separately in the college block.
Auditorium is fully air conditioned with seating capacity of 760 is available
V. Skill Lab:
Skill Lab is fully equipped with mannequins for the students to experience and practise various skills.
VI. Demo Room:
Medical College – Two Demo rooms each in department of Anatomy, Physiology, Bio Chemistry, Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine, and Community Medicine are available with 75 seating capacity each.
Hospital: One demo room in each OP department and one demo room in the IPD of each department is available.
VII. Students Labs:
Departmental labs are 13 in number –
Anatomy – DH, Histology lab, Museum
Physiology: 4 labs- Amphibian/Mammalian/Haematology/Clinical Physiology
Pathology: 2 labs – Morbid anatomy & Histopathology / Cytopathology
Microbiology: 1 lab
Pharmacology – 2 labs – Clinical Pharmacology/Pharmacy, Experimental Pharmacology
FM: 1 lab
Community Medicine: 1 lab
Hostel & Mess
Separate hostels are available for U.G students, Interns, Residents & Nurses.
Both A/C and Non-A/C Hostel accommodation are available for Boys and Girls separately, within the campus.
All the rooms are well ventilated and built in cupboards have been provided.
Uninterrupted power supply and water supply is ensured round the clock.
Solar heaters have been provided in the hostels.
Sufficient toilets and bathrooms are maintained hygienically by the house keeping department.
Recreation facilities available in the hostel are, Television, Indoor games, Gymnasium, Newspaper etc.
The hostel mess provides hygienic and quality food. A comfortable dining hall has also been provided.
A large playground suitable for athletics, football, and cricket is located in the campus. Basketball and volleyball courts are also available within the campus for our students to stay physically fit and continue to exhibit their sporting skills in addition to their academics. Annual sports events are conducted regularly and Inter batch competitions held.
The temple within the campus spreads divinity and instills spiritual and positive vibes amongst student community.
Fleet of buses connects all parts of the city to pick and drop our day scholars on time safely.
The entire campus is manned by security guards at all vantage points day and night to ensure safe movement of students within our campus between the hostels and the library block or the hospital block.